Considering membership? Join us for one of our Pathway to Membership sessions to explore what it means to be a Unitarian Universalist and a member of the Unitarian Church of Montreal. To learn more, contact the Membership Coordinator at email@example.com. We hope you'll consider joining us this year.
Read a new member's impressions of the Unitarian Church: Why I Became a UU
Looking for Ways to get involved? Download the Engage and Connect brochure.
Membership at the Unitarian Church of Montreal
- Members share fully in the life of the community of the Unitarian Church of Montreal, shaping its mission and determining its course.
- Members join together to welcome, nurture, inspire, and challenge one another, and to take action in the world.
- Members have the privilege of holding leadership positions in the church.
- All members who have signed the membership book and have made an annual financial contribution to the church have a right to vote in congregational meetings.
- Those who have been members for one full year have special voting rights that set the course of the church’s future, such as the calling of a minister, the purchase or sale of property, building projects, or amending the church’s By-Laws.
- Members call on the minister for rites of passage such as weddings, memorial services and child dedications without a fee.
- Membership indicates that you are in sympathy with the mission of the church and are willing to share in a covenant with fellow members to affirm the Unitarian Universalist Purposes and Principles.
- There are no specific spiritual or religious beliefs that you must profess to become a member.
A member of the Unitarian Church of Montreal is expected to:
- Be a full participant in our community.
- Attend worship services, activities and events.
- Volunteer time to support the life of the community.
- Make a fair and responsible pledge of financial support each year.
- Be open to learning and growing with others.
- Be willing to deepen spiritually through heart and mind, and through service.
- Deepen in knowledge of Unitarian Universalist traditions.
- Share in ministry with the Minister and leaders of the congregation.
- Model hospitality and be an ambassador of the church and Unitarian Universalism.
- Cultivate your unique gifts of leadership and service, by working with others to forge and strengthen our bonds.
Want more information about membership or have a question? Please fill out the form below: